Sunday, December 16, 2012

Euphoria

Quite some time has passed since my last posting--and its been an eventful five and a half months.  Now that I am suffused with the euphoria that comes with the end of the school semester, I can devote some time to catching up on my blog.

This past semester has been a learning experience in more than one way.  I read nearly 40 books, skimmed probably a dozen more, enjoyed all three pieces of Dante's Divine Comedy, wrote a historiography on Nazi cinema, wrote a paper on the Cult of the Saints, and gave a "press conference" as Dante's Beatrice.  I studied social, political, and cultural history.  I engaged in terrific discussions with some of my fellow students and endured mind-numbing idiocy with some others.  I had instructors who encouraged me, who disappointed me, and who engaged my mind with lively interest.

More than school went on in my life over the past several months.  My first published work, Daisy's Legacy: A Tale of Sacramento in the Progressive Era, was put out by the good people of the Sacramento County Historical Society.  I signed my first autographs--for strangers as well as for friends and loved ones. 

Penelope Pitstop
Camille Dias Herbon
I have a job that I love, with co-workers that I admire.  The crew at the Pacific McGeorge Housing Mediation Center are passionate and dedicated, intelligent and caring.  Former coworkers from the olden days at the court remain in my life, for whom I am very grateful.

I made new friends over the past several months.  I also lost touch with some old friends and reconnected with others.  I enjoyed time with my daughters and their significant others.  A new member of the family, Penelope Pitstop Camille Dias Herbon, joined the household. 

It's been an amazing few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment